I would like to talk to you about how to start the development of a project from scratch. The idea of this post is that any person with basic knowledge of Internet can be able to develop the web project they want.
Planning a Web Project
I'll try to explain to you one of the ways I use to start with a new Web Project planning. First, you need to ask your self: What do I really want to offer to my clients or visitors? Once you responded to that question, take a paper and a pen and then you need to write keywords related to our project.
For example, let's suppose that you want to create a website about Wellness. In your list of keywords you can write something like:
I wrote the first 10 words that came to my mind, but you don't have to limit your list, also you can group the related words, for example:
Once you have your list with a good amount of words, filter those with more relevance or are more important and related to your project and discard the less important ones. This practice will help you later when you have to choose a domain name for your project.
Another important topic is the economic situation of your project:
- How many resources do you have currently?
- What is the initial investment you will do?
- Set a deadline as a goal to recover the investment and start generating profits.
- How often your project will grow?
- What scope it will have?
- What type of public it will have?
Many people mostly the young ones at the beginning they don't have money or resources at all, and they prefer to use free hosting services and free domains, which is totally fine, but in my experience always in any project, if you want to get the profit you have to do a minimum investment like any other business and as you know to make a business grows you have to invest your time, money and effort.
I'll give you a list of some prices for the most common services you will need at the beginning of your project.
- Domain (.com, .net, .org, .education, etc): From $10 to $100 depending on the domain. The best place to register a domain for a cheap price is at GoDaddy.
- Hosting: From $5 per month depending on the provider. I personally recommend you Digital Ocean service.
- Customize Domain Email: If you would like to have an email like email@example.com you can register it on G Suite and have your own email from $5 per month per user.
- Graphic Designer: You can get a professional designer work for logos, website design, etc, from $25 at Fiverr.
- Web Developer: If you are not a developer you can hire someone outside the US from $400 to $1,500 per month depending on the developer experience. You may choose to work with freelancers paying by hour, or by work, you can find those talents at Toptal.
- Web Themes: Maybe you don't need a dedicated Graphic Designer so you can choose to buy a theme instead, you can find good themes for your website from $15 at ThemeForest.
- Publisher: A publisher is a person who can help you to update the content of your website, you can find also this kind of works at Fiverr for a very cheap price.
- Advertising: Once you have everything ready and your website in production, you will need to invest some money to advertise your project, you can use Google Adwords or Facebook Ads, and you can decide how much you want to invest, but normally for a good campaign you will need to spend at least $1,000 or $1,500.
These are some of the most important things to consider when you are planning a new project.
I hope you find useful this post if you liked please share it with your friends or co-workers.